As a registered NDIS provider, P. R. King & Sons is committed to assisting Australians with a permanent disability, as well as those they care for them.
Here we’ve outlined what the NDIS is and who can benefit from it.
What is the NDIS?
Implemented by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) was introduced to provide Australians with a permanent and significant disability, as well as their families and carers, with the support and the skills they need to live as independently as possible and participate in the community.
Under the age of 65 and reside in Australia as a:
- Australian Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- Protected Special Category Visa holder
- were in Australia on a Special Category Visa on 26 February 2001 OR had been in Australia for at least 12 months in the 2 years immediately before 26 February 2001 and you returned to Australia after that day
- Meet the disability requirements:
- Your impairment/condition is likely to be permanent (life-long)
- Your impairment significantly reduces your ability to participate effectively in activities or perform tasks
- Your impairment affects your capacity for social and economic participation
- You are likely to require support under the NDIS for your lifetime
You can find out more about accessing the NDIS and participant eligibility on the NDIS website here.
Not sure if you or a loved one is eligible for the NDIS? Take a look at the NDIS Access Checklist Tool. This easy-to-use online questionnaire can tell you in minutes if the NDIS will be likely to support you.
How Can the NDIS Help Me?
P. R. King & Sons is a registered NDIS provider for home modification and personal mobility equipment. If you require one of our products for mobility or accessbility, you may be eligible to have your lift or stairlift partially or completely subsidised through the NDIS if you are a qualifying participant.
For further information regarding the NDIS and accessing it, click the link below: https://www.ndis.gov.au/people-disability.html.